One of the strengths of the Army Geospatial Enterprise is the standardization of support services for common services associated with the production of the Standard Shareable Geospatial Foundation (SSGF) and application development.
This is accomplished through Enabling Technology Support Services (ETSS) that provide systems engineering direction for Program Managers (PM) and the Computing Environments (CE). By providing direction to PMs and CEs, each ETSS delivers services that support enabling technologies and satisfy the Operational Cross Cutting Capabilities.
|The Army Geospatial Enterprise provides direction for implementing six enabling technology support services.
Enabling Technology - Support Services
- Geospatial Data Collection. Geospatial Data Collection prescribes a unified methodology to collect geospatial feature, elevation, or imagery data from all echelons throughout operations.
- Initial Load and Updates. Initial Load and Updates prescribes the methods for loading and updating the Standard Shareable Geospatial Foundation: standardizing the container and/or common system interfaces for interoperability, and defining the initial data load and update processes.
- Geospatial Data Discovery. Geospatial Data Discovery prescribes a standard automated geospatial data discovery capability/service for data holdings across the AGE that includes metadata, search functionality, as well as an ability to preview, download and share data.
- Geospatial Analytics (Route Planning). Geospatial Analytics (Route Planning) prescribes the data models, standards, application programmer interfaces, and exchange mechanisms for on-road routing.
- Common Vector Portrayal. Common Vector Portrayal prescribes the standards and support services for the common visualization of vector data across the Army Geospatial Enterprise, where data, symbology, and encoding combine to make a map.
- Common Three-Dimensional (3D) Map Visualization. Common Three-Dimensional (3D) Map Visualization prescribes a standardized method for 3D SSGF data visualization using a common globe engine to support of all Programs of Record.